How it works: The first flush device is installed along the gutter down pipe that will feed into your water tank. As the water level in the first flush chamber (110mm pipe) rises, the ball floats and rises.
Once the chamber is full, the ball rests on a seat inside the chamber preventing any further water entering. The subsequent flow of clean water is then automatically directed along the pipe system through the T piece into your RotoTank rainwater tank.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING THE FIRST FLUSH DEVICE:
You will need to secure the First Flush and pipes to a wall or other structure. This should only be done after you have assembled the first flush kit in full as follows:
1) Supplied -650mm x 110mm PVC pipe to use as the chamber pipe. The length you require should leave enough area at the bottom of the device to the ground as space is required for the end cap to be screwed off for occasional cleaning.
2) Attach the bottom end base cap assembly to the 110mm pipe you have cut using PVC plumbing glue or a good plumbing silicone. HINT: Only screw the valve into to the end base cap once the installation is complete. This will minimize the chance of snapping the valve off in the end cap housing if you drop the pipe while installing!
3) Insert the ball into the chamber.
4) Insert the top end cap onto the 110mm pipe and secure using PVC glue. (The top cap has a belled 80mm inlet).
5) Once the unit is assembled and the PVC glue is dry, remove or cut the existing downpipe at the required height.
6) To affix the first flush unit to the wall, a 110mm mounting bracket is included in the DIY kit. (If more mounting brackets are required to secure the unit, they can be bought at your local branch)
7) Supplied 400mm of 80mm pipe, can be inserted into the T- piece and the base section, you can know attach to the correct position on the wall.
8) Place the gutter buddy in position screw into the wall, then attach your first flush system below.
9) The T piece supplied should still follow a fall to the tank.