South Africa is a notoriously water scarce country, leaving us in an especially precarious position when we are met by drought. There are however ways which we can help save water and give our dams the chance to replenish themselves and recover. Roto Tank proudly produces rainwater harvesting tanks for this exact purpose, making rainwater harvesting possible and even easy!
Why Harvest Rainwater?
Rainwater is naturally clean and chemical free.
Harvesting your rainwater gives you the opportunity to save money on your monthly water bill.
Having your own water supply comes in handy when the water supply is interrupted.
Water for irrigation is a luxury in times of drought and in traditionally dry areas. By saving and storing water during the rainy season you can provide much needed irrigation for vegetable patches when the seasons change.
The water collected in a rainwater tank may also be used for toilets, swimming pools, washing machines and washing cars.
The Best Rainwater Harvesting Tank for the Job
Roto Tank produces polyethylene tanks which are ideal for rainwater harvesting. These polyethylene tanks are lighter than the stainless steel alternative, making them easier to transport and unaffected by corrosion and rust, which may render water unusable in certain circumstances.
Who Needs A Rainwater Harvesting Tank?
Without a doubt, everyone needs water. For drinking, washing, cooking, showering and flushing the toilet, water is essential. This renders every household, school, office, factory and farm a candidate for successful rainwater harvesting and storage.
Successful Rainwater Harvesting is Dependant On:
- The annual rainfall of the given area will determine how much water you can save and store.
- Providing a large surface area from which the water can be diverted into the rainwater tank, this is usually done using the roof and gutter system of the accompanying building.
- A rainwater tank requires a level surface such as paving or a concrete slab.
- The rainwater tank needs to be situated in a cool shady area to minimise evaporation.
- The fitment of an appropriately sized tank, a tank which is too small will not take full advantage of the amount of rain available for storage.
- The water in the tank should not only be collected but also used, and easily so. The right system for your needs will allow for ease of use.
- A well planned, designed and constructed rainwater harvesting system which prevents water wastage and water contamination.
If you are ready to make the most of heavy rainfall and hail, you can install a rainwater harvesting tank with a Roto Tank water storage tank. There’s no better time than the present, let us help you save rainwater now.