Water restrictions have been lifted in Gauteng but we are not out of the woods yet. Reports say that there are only 96 days of water left in Cape Town! Make sure your water tank installation at home is done correctly to save even more water.
At RotoTank™, we have many different water storage tanks you can choose from including poly tanks, vertical, and underground tanks. These plastic water containers are professionally designed and offer strength, durability, and safety.
Our storage tanks are manufactured with a black liner to inhibit algae growth and boasts 8 years of UV protection. The large plastic water tanks have a unique rib design and can be manufactured within a short lead time at an affordable cost.
Water is our most precious resource and installing your plastic water tank container correctly is one of the best ways to save it. However, there are many ways you can save water at home, your local school or the office. Here are 10 top water-saving tips:
- Invest in a poly water tank. These tanks save you money and water through harvesting rain water and recycling household or grey water. This recycled water can then be used in many different ways.
- Invest in water efficient appliances and household products such as your dishwasher, washing machine, and dual flush toilet and sanitary systems. This might mean you have to replace your old, water-hungry dishwasher or washing machine, but it will be brilliant for the environment.
- A leaking tap or faucet can waste more than 2 000 litres of water per month! So, check for leaks and wastage often in taps, toilets, and pipes.
- Don’t place foreign objects such as facial tissues, cotton wool, dental floss, and feminine hygiene products in the toilet calling for unwarranted flushing. It is definitely worth investing in low-flow toilets or you can place a plastic bottle filled with water or a brick in your cistern to reduce the amount of water used when flushing.
- Convert to a water-wise garden. Replace your grass with hard surfaces such as pebbles and think succulents. If you really have to water your garden or lawn, be careful not to over-water. Also avoid sprinklers spraying onto the pavement or areas that don’t need water. The recycled water from your plastic water tank can also be used on your lawn. Wash your car only using a bucket to soap and to rinse.
- Turn the tap off when brushing your teeth or washing your hands. The way to go is to wet your toothbrush or hands, brush your teeth or wash your hands, and use a glass of water to rinse your mouth or hands.
- If you have a pool, invest in a cover or blanket to reduce water evaporation. The rain water collected in your plastic water tank can also be diverted into your pool. It is a good idea to get a water-saving filter that will reduce the amount of water used when backwashing.
- Don’t pour water down the drain if you can use it for something else. Also use the rain water from your poly tank for laundry, washing your car and windows, and cleaning the house.
- Your hygiene habits might need to change. Swop your baths for showers and make the showers as short as possible. You can also place a bucket in the shower to catch water for everyday tasks. Harvest cold water whilst waiting for the hot when shaving.
- Get involved in water management issues and please, follow the water restriction rules. Even if you have a borehole, every drop counts. You can also support businesses and projects that practice water conservation.
Large plastic water tanks are quite easy to install. At RotoTank™, we provide comprehensive technical spec sheets and simple installation instructions with all of our water storage tanks. Our in-house experts are also on standby for installation advice.
When installing your vertical RotoTank™, keep the following in mind:
Tank fittings and pipes should be fitted with bellows or flexible piping.
- The base of the tank must be mounted on a solid, level base.
- There must be no overhang of the tank on the base.
- Make sure tank fittings are tight but do not over-tighten.
- The weight and quality specifications are recorded for your benefit – make sure you get the right product for the task.
- Do not lift the tank while it contains any contents.
- Keep tanks away from any hot exhaust gasses.
Contact RotoTank™ today for all of your plastic water container needs and keep on saving our most precious resource.